After being out most of the day yesterday, today is a home game. All my stuffs that I had in storage for the last few years, were delivered this week.
What's that? Yes, I know that "stuffs" is not a word. I say it anyway. I like making new plurals these days. Sheeps. Stuffs. Furnitures. Pantses. Newses. Feetses. Yeah, I'm just silly. No newses there.
Anyway, so I am rearranging stuffs around the house. After the delivery, I sorted all the boxes in the garage into piles. A pile for books. A pile for kitchen boxes. A pile for office boxes. Pile for CDs and LPs (and I moved the LPs into the house because the garage gets quite warm). A short pile for the boxes to unpack first (the Buddha, who is sitting on the table next to me now, smiling quietly; the cookbooks, and the box labeled "Favorite Books/Lieblingsbücher".)
Sorting done, I made a list of things to do. What to buy, what to measure, what to do first, second, third.
And today, here's what happened:
- I moved the TV, TiVo, DVD player and DirecTV box into my "old" entertainment cabinet, hooked them up again and did a quick QA to make sure they work correctly. (Yup, they do.)
- I switched beds - mine into what I'll call the guest bedroom for now, and my old platform bed into mine. I am looking forward to sleep on it tonight.
- Did laundry and made both beds again
- Moved a rolling shelf from the dining room into my bedroom so that I could
- Move the dining room cabinets around
- Moved new old shelves from the living room into the guest bedroom, put a few books on them
Now it's time to unpack the stereo components, and then add a bunch of CDs and LPs to the setup.
Good times. Good times.