I've been house-wifing the last few days. After getting a new slip cover for the cat-worn eye sore of a sofa a couple of days ago, today saw me:
- planting a raspberry in a pretty container in the back yard after buying both at the nice Yamagami's nursery
- washing the blankets and using the Fiat for a drying rack
- fixing myself a nice fancy salad for lunch with mixed greens, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, diced Kerrygold cheese, and the last bits of pancetta from Boccalone, fried crispy. Alright, I'll be honest, only about two thirds of it ended up in the salad, the rest made it to my mouth before the dish was done.
- planting the Canna lilies I bought a couple of weeks ago
- picking a bucketful of oranges and lemons
- grocery-shopping, prepping and making food for the week ahead
- washing the sheets and towels, then promptly forgetting them in the washer while I watched Closer