First things first: I made sure I had cash in my pocket, then lined up for a porchetta sandwich from Roli Roti. This may very well be my world's best sandwich: I love bread with a good crust. I love pork. I love crispy crunchy pork skin even more. I love caramelized onions. And my favorite salad green is arugula. All of this together in one meal? Unbeatable.
Sustenance provided, I forged on, with stops at several of my favorite places:
- McEvoy Ranch, for some of their delicious body butter. I am supposed to lather it on my skin, but I might just eat it by the spoonful.
- Boccalone for some tasty salted pig parts. I feel bad more often these days for eating meat, but then I fry up some of their pancetta and am convinced I could never be a vegetarian. (Same thing with the above-mentioned/-pictured/-ingested porchetta sandwich.)
- Checked at Far West Fungi for salicornia, but they didn't have any.
- Grabbed a couple of macarons at Miette.
- Happy Girl Kitchen had some more citrus sea salt, just before my supplies ran out. Yayyy!