Back home from BlogHer'09 in Chicago. I had a fantastic time, both at the conference and around town afterwards (I added two days for sightseeing). The only downer was that my friend Colleen, who was going to meet up with me, couldn't make it because her car broke down. :-(
I promised her to have a good time anyway, and I did. I ate good food and drank fine wines, I went to the movies, I took an architecture tour on a boat on the Chicago river, and a bus sightseeing tour around town, I spent several hours at the Art Institute, and I read two entire books - but I'll tell you all about that later in more detail.
Things to do today:
- buy more contact lens care fluid
- stop at Title Nine and see if they have one of those Henleys I liked in their catalog, and if I like what it looks like on me
- catch up on the Tour de France coverage that's waiting on the DVR for me. I watched the highlights on versus.com, and know that Contador won, but I still want to watch the extended coverage and see how it unfolded
- write up a blog post or two about my trip to Chicago, and about my reading and movie-watching
- go through all the business cards I collected at BlogHer, and add everybody's blogs to my feedreader. Looking forward to read you all!