I work out with a personal trainer once a week. She puts me through my paces in circuit training - three rounds of six exercises each, using the props in our gym: hand weights, a step bench, a stability ball, resistance bands, and all that good stuff.
She's off on vacation next week, and then I have two weeks of vacation in July, but I don't want to lose all my hard-earned muscle tone, so I just asked her for homework that I can do without props at home or in a hotel room. Here's what she said (posting it here so I can access it from anywhere, because I will not be away from the interwebs):
For homework I would like you to walk 20 minutes (at least) each day come rain or shine - i don't mind where or when. Walk up all possible stairs also, and do 1 set of 10 calf raises each time you hit some stairs. (5 stairs minimum) no calf raises into Macys!!
In your room:
- Lunges forwards sideways and backwards x 12 reps (2 rounds) (quads and cardio)
- On all fours knee to elbow ( does back - upper and lower, butt, abs) x 10
- bridge with 10 raises one leg raise 10 secs then other leg (butt and hams)
- 12 Push ups man style (triceps and chest)
- Plank with 1 leg raised for 30 secs and other leg other 30 secs - no cheating! (abs and whole body)
- 1 Leg raised off floor or bed or ball, and lift bag of sugar 10 times repeat other side. (biceps, hip flexors, abs)
P.S.: for added variety, some more body weight exercises, like scissor kicks, sit-ups, boat pose, etc. Lots of photos that illustrate the exercises well.