150 g (3/4 cup) sugar
20 g (2 tbsp) vanilla sugar (buy it, make your own, or use 1 tbsp of liquid vanilla flavoring instead. Being a good German, I use Dr. Oetker. :-))
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
150 g (1 1/2 cups) flour
4 medium size apples
butter to grease the form
10 g (1 tbsp) vanilla sugar
How to do it:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Let it cool off, but not harden.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt into a creamy mass.
- Add the cooled butter, baking powder, and flour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C aka 400F.
- Peel, quarter, and slice the apples into thin slices. Mix into the batter.
- Grease a 9 inch spring form pan or pie pan, fill with the apple batter, set on the lowest rack.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- Set on a cooling rack for a few minutes. Remove from the spring form pan. Dust with the powdered sugar/vanilla sugar mix.