Alright, I'm up for a reading challenge next year. Words by Annie proposes the "What's in a Name?" reading challenge, wherein you read six books in 2008 whose titles contain a color, animal, first name, place, weather event, and plant, respectively. Since Annie has confirmed that I can change my mind if anything else shiny comes along, I'll play.
Here are my picks for the "What's in a Name?" reading challenge:
- color: John Gray, Black Mass
- animal: Cormac McCarthy, All the Pretty Horses
- first name: Hermione Lee, Edith Wharton
- place: Fritz Stern, Five Germanys I Have Known
- weather event: Jonathan Coe, The Rain Before It Falls
- plant: Denis Johnson, Tree of Smoke