• 1/2 pound bacon
• 1/2 cup butter
• 3/4 cup brown sugar*
• 1 egg
• 1 cup of flour
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 cups of multi-grain flakes or corn flakes
• 1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook bacon on a cookie sheet until very crisp, drain well and break into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Melt a stick of butter on low heat in a small saucepan. (You can do this while the bacon is cooking - but don't do anything else until you're done breaking bacon ... wouldn't that be a great name for a band? Breakin' Bacon.)
4. Beat together butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
5. Beat in egg.
6. Combine flour and baking soda; stir into butter mixture.
7. Stir in bacon, mult-grain flakes and raisins.
8. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Space 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
10. Remove to rack to cool - about 2 minutes, then remove from rack.
11. Tell all your friends about your bacon cookies. Watch them repeat incredulously, "BACON cookies?", and make mental notes on how many say that's just plain wrong, how many think this is very cool and marvelous, and how many recall correctly that you are just a total weirdo.
*I've switched to using brown sugar in this recipe. Tastes even better, I think.