Shaun sends me a new version of the "Get to know your friends" game. I laughed out loud at one of her answers, and just HAVE TO quote it here:
27. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS ?
Plrsdr. I'm s ptogrddionsl joutnslidy.
I'm always game for this one ... wanna play? Just post the questions and your answers in your blog.
1. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR KITCHEN PLATES?
Umh ... I don't remember. All my stuff is on storage in a German warehouse.
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I'm re-reading Connie Willis "Passage". Went to the Blogger Meetup Wednesday night, gave Mark back his copy of Dennis Lehane's "Shutter Island" (which was brilliant, by the way), and brought him something else to read. I had promised him Iain Pears' "Dream of Scipio", but it's still at Dennis' house where I left it when I was housesitting. So I picked two others: John Crowley's "The Translator" and Connie Willis' "Passage".
And then I started reading Passage again myself ... and I couldn't give it to Mark when I was just 100 pages into it. Gotta finish the story ... and I just know I'm gonna cry again over her story of the scientists who research near-death experiences.
3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
No mouse, no mouse pad. Just my trackpad, which I love. I don't even want a mouse anymore.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
Trivial Pursuit. I am such a trivia nerd. I'm always amazed at the tidbits my brain retains.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
Empire, a British movie magazine.
6. FAVORITE SMELL?
7. LEAST FAVORITE SMELL?
Vomit. (So I won't be buying any Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans any time soon.)
8. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
I honestly don't know. My brain comes out of sleep pretty slowly. By the time I know what I'm thinking, I've already been awake for a while.
9. FAVORITE COLOR?
10. LEAST FAVORITE COLOR?
The greyish green of old hospital corridors.
11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?
Sometimes just one, sometimes all of them. (I don't always answer my phone. That's what my voicemail is for, after all.)
12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?
I don't think I'll have kids, my biological clock is broken.
13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE?
14. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?
A little bit of both.
15. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?
What can I say, I'm German ... Can you say "Fahrn, fahrn, auf der Autobahn ... "?
16. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
No, but there's a heart filled with rose petals under my pillow.
17. STORMS - COOL OR SCARY?
A little bit of both.
18. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
First one I drove, my Mom's Beetle. First I owned, a 78 Toyota Celica.
19. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE?
His Holiness Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama.
20. ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
A top-shelf margarita.
21. WHAT IS YOUR SIGN & YOUR BIRTHDAY?
Cwab. July 7th.
22. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?
23. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Queen of the Internet.
24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY COLOR HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I dunno. I never thought of that. I keep changing the color, so it's not a big concern.
25. IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY?
Half empty. Which is good because that means it's almost time for a refill.
26. FAVORITE MOVIE?
Awww come on ... you expect me to pick just one? Here's a few I watch again and again: Groundhog Day. From Here to Eternity. Dangerous Liaisons. Lone Star. And last but CERTAINLY not least, The Rapture.
27. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?
All the words end up spelled correctly, so I must have my fingers on the right keys. Do I follow typing class rules for all ten fingers? Not nearly, I'm self-taught; I type with six fingers most of the time.
28. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
Storage boxes. A monster.
29. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER?
30. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?
Track and field.
31. WHAT IS YOUR SINGLE BIGGEST FEAR?
Turning into a vegetable.
32. PERSON MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
I have no idea.
33. PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Don't know that one either.
34. FAVORITE CD?
I follow Shaun's lead here: wuddaya mean, "CD"? That is so 1999 ... I listen to music through iTunes on my Mac and iPod. Current flavors of the month in the sidebar. Robbie Williams is in heavy rotation these days.
35. FAVORITE TV SHOW?
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
36. KETCHUP OR MUSTARD?
Pahdon me, sir, do you have any ... mustard.
37. HAMBURGERS OR HOT DOGS?
Hamburger. But a real one, a good one, none of those fast-food imposters.
38. FAVORITE SOFT DRINK?
Coca-Cola. I drink maybe one a month, if that many. (I sincerely believe that sodas are the downfall of the United States. Well, one of about ten reasons, anyway.)
39. ONE OF THE BEST PLACES YOU HAVE EVER BEEN?
The Villa del Cielo in Tuscany.
40. WHAT SCREEN SAVER IS ON YOUR COMPUTER?
Whichever one comes up randomly from my collection ... one of the beautiful nature images series built into OS X, or the Space Toasters.
41. BURGER KING OR McDonald's?